Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Tribute to the King of Pop

I didn’t realize until today that I was indeed mourning the loss of the King of Pop. I wasn’t crazy about his songs nor his dance moves. I didn’t even fancy about him as millions of people did. And with the ugly rumors that pulled him down, I didn’t even care to know about it. I didn’t love him but I didn’t hate him either. I just wasn’t an avid fan of his and that is what I thought before today.

I lived in his generation and I grew up to his songs. That is the connection of why I felt like he became a part of my world.

Now that he’s gone, I felt the loss. Suddenly, I feel for him. He was the only performer who made me feel that we are the world. I somehow believed he has unified if not at all the entire human race. He gave the people of his kind self respect and confidence by making them feel they are no different. Perhaps, he lived his life for the world.

As I watched his memorial until 4am this morning, I cried and grieved with the rest of the world. I had to say, MJ was indeed the Greatest Performer of All Time and I feel fortunate, I belonged to the time where he once lived.

No comments: