Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Babies Are Safe With Me

Am I less of a mom because I couldn't be a SAHM?
Am I compromising my babies welfare by leaving them to their nannies care 8-9 hours a days from Mondays to Fridays?
Have it been better if I left my babies in our province to stay with their lolo and lola rather than their nannies?

*******

I can't be a SAHM because I need my job to help my husband raise our kids and send them to a good school someday.
Good thing is, I have a job that gives me a decent pay and a manageable time plus a boss who is Pro-family. Whatelse? My work location is just 15-20 minutes away from home.

My earnings enable me to pay the bills, buy my babies their own brands of milk and diaper every week, good food at the dinner table, vitamins, monthly check ups and vaccines and the weekend treats for family bonding moments.

********

Before I made a decision to remain a working mom, I partnered with my mama to help find me reliable nannies. Of course I am scared of all the horrible yaya stories I've been reading from everywhere. I also prayed for God to send us an 'angel' yaya. God never failed me.

Though the yayas are the primary caregivers to my babies while I'm at work, I still do my part using the hours I have before and after work.

*******

Just like other Lolas, my mom wanted so much to take my babies with her in the province but when she saw how my babies were loved and taken cared of despite me not being a SAHM, she was convinced that it is best for them to stay with me.
She said she admires me for how I am as a mom to my babies. For Kenzo who is very smart, very respectful, very sweet and very much a loving 'baby kuya' to his baby sister, Arisha.

*******
Even if I am a working mom, I never fail to
1. Tell Kenzo and Arisha how much I love them morning and night (and thru phone calls when I'm not home)
2. Kiss and hug them everyday
3. Check their food and grocery supplies and toiletries.
4. Check on their health everyday
5. Take care of them myself in times they needed me most.
6. Read them books, teach them words, watch movies with them.
7. Prepare their food: Mashed for Arisha and table food for Kenzo
8. Change their diapers at night.
9. Trim their finger/toe nails.
10. Treat them out on weekends.
11. Shop for them.
12.Set time for play time.
13. Brush Arisha's tounge and help Kenzo brush his teeth
14. Clean and sterilize their feeding bottles, sippy cups, plates, forks and spoons.
15. Soothe their tantrums.
16.Think of them all the time.
17. be their MOM

********

And because my babies are with me, I can never miss the chance of seeing them grow each day.



No comments: